- Analysis. You are doing well.
- Writing process = Good Writing.
- Work on outside of class.
- Nearly every student went up one score,or was already in Proficient/Advanced for analysis!!!!
- If I asked for a copy of your writing to use as an example next year, please email me a copy.
- Conventions need to be solid
- Write in present tense (eg, Crooks is alone in his room….)
- Do not use personal pronouns: I, me, my, us, our, you, we
- Do not use contractions: don’t = do not
- Do not use abbreviations (eg, etc) HA! I used one—good thing this is not formal writing
- Do not refer to the essay in the essay (eg, This text evidence proves, My claim is…., This quote…)
- Include a Works Cited page
- 1930s not 1930’s (No apostrophe with dates)